INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Year 12! Here is a bit more information about REV itself, and what the week looks like. You will be led by a team of committed university students and high school teachers who will encourage you in your studies and share some of their experiences and advice for productive study and managing stress. REV Camp also offers the support of tutors that specialise in some of the major HSC subjects. They will be available for you to ask questions about course work or the syllabus outcomes. A ‘turn it in’ process will also be available for you if you have any practice essays you would like marked, critiqued or discussed with you. Study sessions may also be used for individual major works if you find yourself behind and need a hand putting on the finishing touches or brainstorming ways to maximise the quality of your project.
What to Bring:
- Study materials – Folders, books, textbooks, and laptops are allowed. PLEASE NOTE – We will do everything possible to ensure the safety of your belongings but we must inform you that REV Camp takes no responsibility for lost or damaged valuables.
- Bible (if you’ve got one)
- Comfy clothes (uggies are recommended for a comfortable studying experience)
- Munchies including lollies, chocolate and anything else you may need for a sugar hit.
- Your ipod, if you can’t concentrate without it.
- An open mind for study, fun and discussions about Jesus.
Ultimately, REV Camp offers a comfortable studying atmosphere with plenty of breaks to revitalise and refresh. Nutritious meals will be available to kick start your brain for the next session. A great selection of energy booster foods will be available all day, and games and entertainment between sessions are guaranteed. The night sessions during the week are merely a reward for all the hard work you will put in during the day. We believe that study is important and the earlier start you have the better off you will be. However, we also recognise the need to maintain relationships and have a balanced life style leading up to the HSC. You will also have the opportunity to be encouraged in your life and learn about what God thinks of you as you develop the skills to survive the HSC and the years beyond with Him. You will be challenged in your Christian walk and have the freedom to ask hard questions and discover more about God.