Georges River Life Care offers a range of parenting courses for parents and carers. Please see below for our current schedule or Contact us for more information.
From time to time Life Care offers other parenting programs based on the amount of interest generated. Please click on the link below to access the expression of interest form and join the waiting list.
CIRCLE OF SECURITY
At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Circle of Security assists parents and caregivers to:
- Understand their child’s emotional world by learning to ‘read’ their needs
- Support their child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of their child’s self esteem
- Honour the innate wisdom and desire for their child to be secure.
Term 4 Online – Monday Evening from 10 October to 21 November
Cost $60.00 (subsidies available upon application) includes posted manual
123 MAGIC & EMOTION COACHING
This 3 week course is designed to assist parents and caregivers with their child’s behaviours of concern such as defiance, tantrums, yelling, fighting and arguing. Participants will have the opportunity to consider:
- New approaches to encourage positive behaviour
- What is behind those behaviours of concern?
- What to do when their child is overwhelmed with big emotions
- Effective ways to guide behaviour while maintaining a positive relationship with their child
Term 4 Online: Tuesday mornings 10am – 12.30pm 15th, 22nd and 29th November
Cost: $45 (subsidies available upon application) includes posted manual
This 3 week course provides parents and carers with easy-to-use techniques to:
- Enlist adolescents to manage their own behaviour problems and emotional reactions
- Build their relationship with their teenager, and
- Deal with unacceptable behaviour while maintaining reasonable expectations of their adolescent
Parents will walk away with a new understanding of adolescents and a renewed sense of confidence about the role they can play in their teenagers’ lives, without conversations morphing into arguments.
Term 3 online: Thursday evenings 7pm – 9.30pm from 11 August – 25 August
NO SCAREDY CATS
The No Scaredy Cats™ 3 week course is based on three underlying principles: first, by having an understanding of how anxiety develops parents can counter its progress, second, parents can take a preventative role in the development of anxiety problems, third, there are practical steps parents can take to build resilience.
The course provides opportunity for a greater understanding of the problem of increasing levels of anxiety in children and some strategies to assist reducing anxiety and building resilience in children aged 2-12years.
Term 3 online: Monday evenings 7pm – 9.30pm 5 Sept – 19 Sept
Life Care Parent Coaching provides parents and caregivers with the opportunity to receive individual support and suggestions regarding strategies to improve their relationship with their child/ren.
Life Care Parent Coaching is provided by the Life Care Parenting Facilitator.
Parent Coaching may be required by the parent/caregiver prior to commencing, or following a Life Care Parenting Program they have enrolled in or provide a pathway for parents/caregivers to continue their development to enrol in future programs.